ADVANCED CLINICAL SUPERVISION IN REGIONAL CENTRES : A Short Course for Health ProfessionalsDate/Time
Date(s) - 14/06/2018
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Albury Wodonga Regional Cancer Centre : Seminar Room 201 Borella Road Albury
This full day course focuses on advanced practice in clinical supervision. Ideally participants will have more than 2 years of experience in supervising students or colleagues and may have a leadership role in clinical education in the workplace.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Highlight factors that support a safe and effective clinical learning environment
- Describe how educational theory can support approaches to clinical education
- Outline the purpose and process of a learning needs assessment at the start and at the end of each placement
- Enact a learning needs conversation with a focus on goal-setting
- Describe the purpose of, and different approaches to, workplace-based assessment
- Identify the role of bias in observation and assessment of learner performance
- Develop strategies to identify and work with, underperforming learners
- Apply principles of advocacy inquiry in conversations with under-performing learners
- Actively reflect on own supervisory approaches and performance, using a validated scale
- Describe ways to evaluate the quality of clinical education in their workplace
Please note: refunds are not available for non-attendance.
Map of Albury Wodonga Regional Cancer Centre
Available Spaces 9
Bookings are closed for this event.