Care of Self & Others in Professional PracticeDate/Time
Date(s) - 26/08/2019
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Beaufort & Skipton Health Service – Beaufort 28 Havelock StBeaufort
This program aims to ehance participants’ skills and practice and to:
- Develop skills for effective feedback & strategies to implement feedback into practice.
- Maintain a professional image in the context of social media & social behaviour.
- Understand the importance of validation, active listening & respectful assertiveness in the management of complaints. Explore the nature of difficult & challenging conversations, their importance & what makes them so difficult.
This will be an interactive program consisting of separate but related topics which include:
- “Being Kind To Self”: Well being, Resilience And Self-Care
- Managing Professional Identity In A Sea Of Social Media
- Effective And Respectful Management Of Upset And Angry Customers
- Challenging Conversations That Require Courage (includes providing and receiving feedback).
Presented by: Murray Bardwell –Education Coordinator, Going Rural Health (firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details can be obtained from Kim Stevens KimS@bshs.org.au
Available Spaces 25
Bookings are closed for this event.