Clinical Supervision for Rural Practice : A Short Course for Health Professionals-To be held via zoomDate/Time
Date(s) - 28/10/2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Online Access to Event
Join the Excellence in Clinical Teaching team from the Melbourne Medical School at The University of Melbourne for a stimulating and intensive full day advanced clinical supervision course. Designed to promote immediate improvements in clinical supervision quality and capacity. Facilitators are leaders in the field of health professions education and research, and will help to reinforce theory to practice application.
who should attend
This full day course focuses on advanced practice in clinical supervision. Ideally participants will have more than 2 years of experience in supervising students or colleagues and may have a leadership role in clinical education in the workplace.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Highlight factors that support a safe and effective clinical learning environment
- Describe how educational theory can support approaches to clinical education
- Outline the purpose and process of a learning needs assessment at the start and at the end of each placement
- Enact a learning needs conversation with a focus on goal-setting
- Describe the purpose of, and different approaches to, workplace-based assessment
- Identify the role of bias in observation and assessment of learner performance
- Develop strategies to identify and work with, under-performing learners
- Apply principles of advocacy inquiry in conversations with under-performing learners
- Actively reflect on own supervisory approaches and performance, using a validated scale
- Describe ways to evaluate the quality of clinical education in their workplace
For further information please contact Cathy O’Brien at email@example.com
Available Spaces 13
Bookings are closed for this event.