Kilmore is situated on the main highway to Echuca, between Wallan and Heathcote. It is one of Victoria’s oldest inland towns and has many remaining historic buildings, including the post office, court house, town hall, Old Kilmore Gaol, and former police barracks. The oldest surviving house is Whitburgh Cottage, built of bluestone in 1853. There is also a Tramway Heritage Centre complete with working hundred year old trams.
Kilmore has many fine restaurants and cafes, and there are wineries close by. It is also a short drive to mineral springs.
Please contact the health service directly for any accommodation they may have available for students – Kilmore District Hospital.
There are many other accommodation options in Kilmore. See the following websites for more information.
The following websites provide a little more information about the Kilmore township and region:
Thanks to Russell E and Mattinbgn from Wikimedia Commons for the use of pictures.